X-Rays in Tallaght hospital

Every small company in Ireland that is ISO9001:2008 compliant can answer all of the above.
Is it too much to ask that a multi-billion euro organisation should do the same?

Agreed, but such ISO9000 companies can also answer the following questions:

what is the mission / objectives of the organisation? who are our customers? what are their legitimate expectations?

Agreed, but such ISO9000 companies can also answer the following questions:

what is the mission / objectives of the organisation? who are our customers? what are their legitimate expectations?

Yes, I agree, as part of their quality statement/manual they can answer the above questions but hospitals can as well, or at least they say they can.

I see that they are about to appoint a Quality "Czar" at Tallaght.

I dont envy the Quality "Czar" in the role.

The QC needs to put in a quality system and not just overlay (or worse still parrallel) the existing highly disfunctional admisinstration system.

When the documented management system is in place everyone has to work it (and that includes Constultants, Administrators, other Medial and Paramedical Professionals, and other roles in the organision). The system has to go accross functional departments, up and down with in functional departments and espcecially at the interfaces between departmentst and the interfaces with consumers and suppliers.

Attempts to resist (or subvert) the operation of the quality system have to be robustly dealt with.

I see that they are about to appoint a Quality "Czar" at Tallaght.

I dont envy the Quality "Czar" in the role.

The QC needs to put in a quality system and not just overlay (or worse still parrallel) the existing highly disfunctional admisinstration system.

When the documented management system is in place everyone has to work it (and that includes Constultants, Administrators, other Medial and Paramedical Professionals, and other roles in the organision). The system has to go accross functional departments, up and down with in functional departments and espcecially at the interfaces between departmentst and the interfaces with consumers and suppliers.

Attempts to resist (or subvert) the operation of the quality system have to be robustly dealt with.
I agree, that will be the real test, and the level of outside auditing that takes place.
Where existing processes don't fit into the new system they need to be changed or else it's another P-PARS type mess.

Where existing processes don't fit into the new system they need to be changed or else it's another P-PARS type mess.

Yes, I hope that the naive expectation that a computer package could solve problems in the absence of systematic review / reform of processes is not replicated in the naive expectation that somehow the appointment of a Quality Czar can solve the problems.

Will the Quality Czar have a budget?

If you open a food shop you will need some sinks for washing of hands and utensils. If you dont have the sinks the HSE will close you down.

But thousands of X-Rays being ignored in Tallaght Hospital.

One law for some and another law for others!!!!!!!

Back