www.pensionsystems.ie

LouisCribben

I worked in ireland for a company between 1998 and 2002

during this 4.5 years, I paid into a pension.

And I remember there was a portal on a website called www.pensionsystems.ie where I could see what the value of the pension was.

The last time I logged onto this site was about 7 years ago, but there is no pensionsystems.ie website anymore

as a matter of interest, the company I worked for then no longer exists.

Can anyone shed light on how I can find out whats happening with this pension ?

I dont get any annual updates about the pension by mail

I will retire in about 25 years from now, so no urgency, but id like to know

it was a defined contribution scheme

Hello,

Do you know the name of the pension fund provider ?

Are you in contact with any former colleagues who may have information to assist you ?

_h t t p://onenetwork.ifg.ie/c/media-centre/ifg-group-news/08-10-07/IFG_to_pay_up_to_13_6m_for_Pensco_and_Nameridge.aspx

Looks like it was sold so it would now be part of IFG

Louis;
I presume there were other employees, can you check with them as someone is bound to have some details.

If the pension was handled by Trustees , you should have got some notification.
You should get annual updates. Have you moved house?

Re Roscafs comments; Might be no harm to write to IFG ,identify your old company and see if they hold info;

Louis

It would be no harm getting the funds transferred into a policy in your own name. That way you are responsible for it. I have had experience of trying to find retained benefits from 20+ years previously and it is very time consuming and costly for the client (I was working on a fee basis). There are a few threads here on buy out bonds. Based on years service, you can transfer it to a PRSA too or if you are overseas, you can probably transfer the benefits to a scheme where you are.

Back