www.annualmultitrip.com - Advice

Hi guys

Has anybody used the above website for the purpose of annual multi trip insurance? According to their website they are underwritten by AXA Insurance and their cover seems to be pretty good for their price. I was quoted €58 which includes the excess waiver. Before I go ahead with them though I was hoping somebody might be able to let me know if they have dealt with them before and what are they like in general?

Many Thanks

Re: www.annualmultitrip.com - Advice???

when i was looking at them i wasn't hugely impressed by the cover offered. i got annual insurance through (found out about them through ebookers) and thought the cover there much better though obviously it was a good bit more expensive €92 for worldwide platinum cover.

I also looked at them but compared their cover levels to other policies and in the end went with Ace through AIB.

Some of their cover levels seem lower than other comparably priced policies out there!

Try getcover.com (or .ie). If you already have VHI or BUPA you get a discount - I have annual multitrip (Europe only, excluding winter sports) for a family of 4 for €57.

I was covered by VHI multitrip and while on holiday in Greece in 2006 my grandfather died and I contacted them as I wanted to go home for the funeral. I asked over the phone if my husband and children would be covered and was told "the cover for death of a family member is for father, grandfather, father-in-law, therefore it must cover grandfather-in-law also". I was also advised that while our two children were not covered directly for a great-grandparent's funeral, it would be unreasonable to leave them abroad unattended, therefore they would be covered too.

Long story short, they were wrong in their advice, no cover for a grandfather-in-law so they refused to pay out for my husband when we made the claim and as he could have stayed on the holiday, they said so too could the children. I had to pursue the claim through the insurance ombudsman who recommended that we paid fully as we made our decision to all travel based on their incorrect advice. I knew what date and time I had made the phone call from my mobile and the ombudsman asked them for the recording of that conversation.

Their repatriation service was useless, I found flights home but they hadn't been able to. I feel they had not really tried as it was in their interest for us to stay in Greece. I suspect all insurance companies are the same though....

Thanks for all the advice! I decided to join the VHI and in turn avail of their multi trip insurance so this can be closed if necessary!

Sites don't seem to allow 3 adults (one child is 18) and one child (13)when applying as a family. eg VHI and those mentioned above.

Has anyone had an experience of making a claim from annualmultrip.com (or other similiar discounted travel insurance companies)? Is it a matter of you get what you pay for?

Oh yes I had a bad experience on a skiing trip to Germany did in my shoulder and needed surgery. Had 11 year old daughter with me who had to stay in Hospital room with me. They did fly out friend to tremove her from hospital and to accompany me home. They did sort out flights but when I went to claim for extra nights in hotel, phone calls, laundry etc for approx €750 it was painful. Waited 4 months and cheque for €120 arrived with little explanation. I then took it to Ombudsman and quickly had a letter from Insurance saying they would meet full amount. 1 month later cheque arrived and was still short €200. I returned cheque and copied Ombudsman again. Correct amount arrived in 4 days with no letter or cover note. You need to be persistent when making a claim they hop you'll just go away.

Back