Would the Banks interacted with people on AAM ?

MrEarl

Hello,

I was just thinking about how useful it would be if the Banks each had a dedicated staff member or team who answered queries officially on AAM.

When problems arise, there would be an official response for all to see, or likewise an official response on behalf of the Bank could be given on specific questions for others here to learn from without having to go back and ask the same question, of the same Bank.

The Banks would like us to believe they care, want to engage, embrace social media etc. so why not here ?

I believe the likes of Electric Ireland provide this service on Boards.ie and think something similar for the Banks (and perhaps Insurance Co's also) would be great on AAM.

Is this something that has ever been explored at AAM ?

Thank you.

No this won't happen. there is nothing in the banks for this as most questions are either specific to bad debt issues or complaints about charges/rates.

You could see that rapidly descend into the worst behaviour.

BOI have a Twitter account, and I think they have some other social media services. I used the Twitter account once when I was in Dublin Airport and all their ATMs were out of service. I had an outlet to vent my frustration, but nowhere to get cash before my flight. I received a response from them, but what I needed was the cash :mad:.

EDIT: they're on [broken link removed]

No this won't happen. there is nothing in the banks for this as most questions are either specific to bad debt issues or complaints about charges/rates.
No doubt that it could end up as a Complainers Charter ,but surely preferable to letters wizzing back and forth.
Customers or Banks would be given real time answers, these would be without prejudice answers and be cost effective in weeding out awkward Banks or awkward customers , because it is sure that both will attract the views of the AAM members, so both can see how issues are construed.

Both Customers and Banks could learn.

(I am an optimist I know!)

Back