Working in Dubai

She works for one of the major banks in account security services / fund manager.
Any advice would be appreciated.

She should be fine, I worked last year in Dubai but could not stand the heat etc so came home.

Lots of women work normally over there and Dubai is very relaxed. The best advice I can give is to is to get your company to source and even pay for the accommodation as its expensive and hard to find.

I've read online recently that Dubai is going through some of the same issues as we are here - credit crunch hitting them as a lot of foreigners have been purchasing apartments out there.

The expatwoman.com site has a lot of stories about new contracts being reneged on, projects that haven't started not due to be completed, huge redundancies etc etc - does anyone have any first-hand experience of this as it was an avenue my hubby and I were considering for next year.

A previous college friend of mine working in the consulting engineering business is thinking going to Dubai. Work for him is getting slower & slower, day by day.

However he does not have any experience in multi-storey construction.

He would have over 7-8 years in the engineering sector.

Has anyone any experience in travelling to Dubai or seeking out work prior to leaving.

Is the construction industry in Dubai, Abu-Dhabi etc still as good as a few years ago.

Any information is of a help.

Back