Worked in UK.

F

fifigirl

I recently started on jobseekers allowance, because I didn't have enough credits to apply for Benifit. But I know for sure I am entitled to it, as I worked in the UK for the right amount of time.
But I handed in my english records 10 weeks ago so once Irish welfare got the details, I'd be eligible for Benifit and not my very low paying Allowance.
I have rang and visited my dole office countless times, and all they say is "When we get the details, we get the details" They don't even ask for my name or pps number.

Has anyone had any experience with this before, and with how long it took? I can't live off 50euro a week much longer!
Thanks

You will only be entitled to JB if you last were employed here (i.e paid an Irish PRSI contribution immeditalely before claiming JB/JA here. Is this your case? They will be dependant on UK authosrities in Newcastle fowarding on your recrod to them and they, in my experience are nototriously slow and inefficient in dealing with these requests, taking up to 12 months in some casers! Don't blame SW, they'll be as frustrated as you trying to get the info form UK! They wont even fax info which SW would take!

Back