Work tue wed & thur JSB rest of week, on week of St Pats Day got only 1 day, correct?

virgo08

I work three days a week, tue wed and thur. I get job seekers benefit for Mon and Fri. I only got 1 day benefit for the week falling on st Patricks day, is this correct?

Yes that is correct. When it is a bank holiday / public holiday you will be down 1 days jobseekers. SW say that you can get your employer to write to them stating that you did not get paid for that day and then you will get that days amount back from SW. That is what I was told by them. HTH

It depends on whether you are entitled to be paid by your employer. If you are entitled to pay from your employer you won't get a social welfare payment, and should chase him for it if he hasn't paid you, if you are not entitled from your employer then you should get a payment from the social welfare.

As a part-time worker you are entitled to holiday pay from your employer if you have worked 40 hours over the past five weeks ending on the public hoilday.

but as st patrick's day was a thursday, the OP was still unemployed for 2 days that week (monday and friday) and should get two days payment. Shouldn't he?

Back