Wood effect Lino for hall?

NeedingHelp

I'm living in an old house with yukky old carpets. I want to put down some cheap wood effect vinyl in the hall while we're waiting to be able to refurbish the whole house. Any ideas where to buy cheap wood effect Lino, maybe end of line stuff, that I can fit myself?

Go into any carpet shop and ask if they have any offcuts or end of line lino - but bear in mind most of them are very big & bulky. I recently did just this and laid it myself (more to do with a time pressure than cost saving) and if you are careful and measure well, it is not too difficult, just make sure you have a sharp Stanley knife.

Though on saying all that, lino is not too expensive and it will not cost a whole pile to get it delivered and laid - plus a lot less hassle.

Another option is to get a decent laminate (great for heavy traffic area such as a hallway). A really good laminate is about €20 per sq mtr and about another €10 to lay it.

I have not had a reason to buy from them yet but for the amusement value alone it has to be worth having a look at [broken link removed]

B&Q have lino rolls, they also sell laminate for €5 odd change the other day,

Try this guy Raymond Harvey 086 8515665

I have used him for similar - supply and fit

Back