wondering if anybody would reccommend paying bills through billpay.ie?

Caroline123

Hi, :)

Just wondering if anybody would reccommend paying bills through billpay.ie?

I want to make sure I keep on top of my bills but don't particularly want to set up a direct debit (as I'd rather not have a set amount that I must pay every week).

I'd like to vary how much I pay from week to week as some weeks I'd be able to put more than others.

I was going to start paying them by internet banking but I think you have to pay the whole lot of the bill in one transaction? I'm not sure?! :confused:

Any ideas? As I find it hard to get to the post office every week with work etc.

Re: BillPay.ie

No you don't have to pay all if paying by internet banking. I pay all my bills by my online banking and it is great. I only pay whatever I feel like and when you get you bills, it shows on the bill what you had paid previously. Just make sure when setting it up on your online banking that your reference account # is correct.

With AIB internet banking you can't set up ESB, which is a pity as it would be handy. I use it for eircom all the time.

Sure you can and I do.
Ditto. Once the account number is there it shouldn't be a problem. Gave no more trouble than setting up any of the other bills from my experience (I have 2 ESB, 2 GAS, 2 Phone accounts set up as bills through AIB and also use it to pay any other bills which come along [annual TV charge, monthly Chorus charge, etc.]).
Wouldn't dream of handling household bills in any other way.

i found billpay very convenient.
use it for other things too like refuse charges and tv licence. very handy

I have been using BillPay.ie for all our utility bills including TV licence for the past 5 years without any problems. You have complete control of when and the amount you pay for each bill.

We no longer get paper versions of our gas and eircom bills in the post, instead I get an e-mail notifying me that electronic versions of these have arrived in my billpay.ie account. For other bills such as ESB, when they arrive in the post I just log on and pay online.

You will need a laser card, however, as they do not accept credit cards.

I use billpay.ie from the time site was launched and it is fine, no issues.

Payment method is Laser, did not have any experience with setting up my bank details with them.

I pay my ESB bills and TV license with billpay.
I also thought I can not pay ESB bills via AIB online banking, at least there is no such option on website. (writing this just in case AIB will read it and improve their site).

Sure you can pay part of the bill with online banking.

I also thought I can not pay ESB bills via AIB online banking, at least there is no such option on website.

I use AIB for ESB bills without any problem. I've just looked at the site and if you choose the option "bill pay" then "add bill" you'll see the message "Add Bill - Step 1 Please choose the bill you wish to register." The first bill on the drop down menu is "ESB Supply"

Hi, Thanks for that I was sure this option wasn't there when I added my Eircom. Have added ESB now :)

I've been using billpay for about 4yrs & find it great, especially as I don't use online banking. The only problem I've experienced in the past 4yrs was last month when my Gas bill didn't appear, but once I raised this to billpay, they had the issue sorted within 24hrs.

When billpay first launched I registered but they screwed up my account and I ended up with two, neither of which I could access. I gave up on it and just stuck with using online banking to pay utility bills etc.

I had a problem with Billpay last year, which I should have noticed myself, but it is worth drawing your attention to it: my bills were set up to pay by Laser, but when I got a new Laser card, the Laser expiry date that was saved on my Billpay option was no longer valid. As I had registered with Billpay, Bord Gais were no longer sending out hard copy bills, and I didn't realise that the charge to Bord Gais was not going through - ended up having to pay three bills (six months worth of gas) all at once.

This month billpay forgot to list the gas bill and it arrived by paper (for the first time ever) the day before it was due. It was probably the fault of bord gais. I find it easier to pay bills through internet banking.

This month billpay forgot to list the gas bill and it arrived by paper (for the first time ever) the day before it was due. It was probably the fault of bord gais. I find it easier to pay bills through internet banking.

Bord Gais have withdrawn from the View and Pay service so online copies are no longer available through Billpay though you can apparently still pay only like with ESB etc. You can now get copies of your gas bills online at Bord Gais's own website.

Bord Gais have withdrawn from the View and Pay service so online copies are no longer available through Billpay though you can apparently still pay only like with ESB etc. You can now get copies of your gas bills online at Bord Gais's own website.

Would have been nice if they'd told me this and sent the paper bill out more than a day before it was due!!

I love billpay.ie and found it way faster for payments than open24 from PTSB.

I pay ESB/Gas/Eircom/MBNA/TESCO via it.

With MBNA/Tesco I noticed that a payment I ask them to do on Monday is credited at MBNA/Tesco on Tuesday afternoon and taken out of my bank account on Thursdays. (that is if I choose to use Laser, with DD I noticed that the credit at MBNA is only after they deducted the money from my current account).

But now that Board Gais has it's own online bill payment presentation where you can pay with credit card, I will use that as that gives some airline miles ;-)

Overall very good customer service too on the occasion where they lost my money (once), it was solved fast.

Back