Withdawing Money in Oz Account to Credit Card

ccbkd

I have 3500 dollars in Oz Bank account, I want to close OZ current (leaving Country) account and put money on my Credit Card for Travelling in Thailand, I assume some fee required to transfer money from OZ current account to Bank of Ireland Mastercard, but apart of that just ID and Credit Card required?

Do you have an Irish bank account? I moved home from Oz 18 months ago and transferred quite a lot of money from Commonwealth to AIB. Did it all online, you just need the IBAN and BIC codes and there are limits. CBA charged about $22 for the transfer (+ the fx bit) and AIB charged €6.35 to receive the money. I'm sure the other Australian banks and BOi would be similar. Very smooth all round. You could then lodge the € amount to your BOI credit card.

Alternatively keep your aussie account open and just withdraw cash through Asia as you need it or until it runs out. I used to be charged about $4 per foreign ATM transaction if i recall correctly. Have heard some dodgy stories about using credit cards in Asia (skimming etc).

Back