wireless no more

hopalong

the kids have a targa travaller laptop which has been very useful,however the wireless function has just stopped working.ive got a netopia modem wireless,and got a hold of a netopia usb device to plug into the laptop,it works ok.is there any way of taking out the wireless card from the laptop and re inserting the card to see whether it will work again.and if i carry on with the plug in wireless netopia usb device ,will the laptop be able to connect to other modems,such as college etc once codes are put in.

You may have a problem with your wireless drivers, try updating / reinstalling them from here:

[broken link removed]

Yes and Yes.

I assume you have checked that Wireless card is Enabled, this is a software setting which may also be linked to a switch on the laptop.

You may have a problem with your wireless drivers, try updating / reinstalling them from here:

[broken link removed]
i can use other laptop with no problem,so i dont think its the wireless drivers.i could be wrong.what do you think.

You more than likely cannot reinsert the wireless drivers as you can in a desktop, as I reckon the driver is inbuilt onto the Motherboard.

If you use any other internet connections you should be ok and should be able to use them all at any stage once you have the relevant set up and connection settings.

I would check this in order

1) can you see any wireless routers in windows ? if yes - I would make sure that all settings are ok and passwords have been re-entered.

2) if No I would check that the Wireless is actually turned on , on my machine it is FN F5

3) I would go into SafeMode and remove the wireless drivers and reinstall them !

Hope that helps

Try deleting and reinstalling the drivers in the Device Manager. Also check if any of the arials have become disconnected, they are just push on connectors.

i really cant figure it out,the wifi is back on the targa with its own wifi card.i havent dont anything with it.i have looked at device manager and am getting a yellow triangle on microsoft ISATAP adaptor #2.i clicked update driver,but says driver up to date.had a look at the microsoft site and it says to ignore the ISATAP message.fingers crossed it stays wifi ing.am still thinking of the loose aerial suggestion.

Try switching between b and g mode on wireless router. I have my D link
wirless usb adapter that is backward compatible. The chances are you won't
have a bandwith capacity of more than 3mb/s so using b or g won't make much of a difference anyway.

Back