Wire Transfer Information

SkippyOD

Hello All,

I'm slightly confused on the topic of sending money via wire transfer.

I have been sending money home from abroad (working abroad) for the last year or two via wire transfer. Initially when I went to my bank to arrange said transfer they asked me for the intermediary institution and routing # that I would be using. I had no idea and upon asking BOI I was told that this was not my decision but that of the foreign bank. They mentioned that Deutsche Bank was one they used quiet a bit so I mentioned that to my foreign bank and that alone was sufficient.

Now I am trying to send money home from a seperate instition and they are adamant that I need to provide them with the intermediary instituion and routing #.

Both accounts are in the Caribbean but in different countries and most likely go through the US.

I have also been told that routing #'s are for the US alone and the swiftcode, which I have along with IBAN, provided by Irish banks is the European version of routing #.

Can anyone provide me with some info on this regard?

Do I need to set up the intermediary account or is that the senders banks choise?

I have spoken to BOI and they have told me that they have hundreds of different banks that they deal with and any will do and therefore couldn't really provide me with one specific bank.

Back