Winter Olympics

jasconius

Love most of the events in Turin but I have never seen a more boring and slower event than Curling.

Re: Winter Olymipics

Its the only thing the scots are good at. Has kept them busy since the 16th century.

Bowls on ice. I find it oddly compelling myself, for some reason....

You could be right James - I read recently that Scotland is the only country in the EU that has a negative population growth!

CCOVICH said:
You can't use a sweeping brush in bowls, can you?

No - but it wouldn't do any good anyway as it's much harder to melt grass.

Curling - the only sport that requires the audience to take performance enhancing drugs!

Was forced to watch this event during the weekend, Norway V England, unfortunately my other half believes any sport is better than none.
By the end of it I was kinda half interested......
The one I hate the most is the skating around the ice in ever decreasing circles while frantically trying to edge your way in front, all the while bent over with you harnds tucked behind you!
Who in their right mind would want to take part in this type of event......?

I don't mind speed skating. It's the same as athletics (running) on ice, but doesn't seem to have been as tarnished by doping allegations at this stage. However, since I got Sky Sports I find less need to watch whatever dross they still show on Grandstand.

Has anyone been watching the freestyle snowboarding? Its quite addictive. In the ladies there was an american in the lead and she had the gold in the bag, so she decided to do a sexy jump and fell! Then the swiss came in first and the american second....I must admit I was shouting at the TV!

Yeah, that was one of the greatest errors of judgment in sporting history. Felt privileged to be watching live (if in fact it was live).

Watched Top Gear last night with Clarkson versus a speed skater over 3 laps of a 500 metre ice track. Clarkson, in the new Jaguar was lapped 3 times. Great to watch!

casiopea said:
In the ladies there was an american in the lead and she had the gold in the bag, so she decided to do a sexy jump and fell! Then the swiss came in first and the american second....I must admit I was shouting at the TV!
How did the TV slip past the gender checking for the event!? :confused:

Back