Wine for Wedding

T

Twinkle2011

Getting married in a few weeks and want to buy wine for about 130 guests. Can anyone recommend a good red and white wine that would satisfy most guests but wont blow the bank. ...a lot of wine drinkers attending. Where would be a good place in Ireland to get a deal? Also how much red and how much white? All suggestions welcome.

Allow half a bottle of each per guest.....

Sangre de Torres is drinkable, appears as many house wines in restaurants. Alternative is to go to somewhere like Tesco and see what half price offers are on.
Could youdo a run to France for a day? Take a van, fill it with wine from the local hypermarket or cave - lots of people doing that last year.

We're getting married soon too, and we got our wine from [broken link removed]. The owner was helpful in suggesting wines, and dropped over some bottles of each suggested bottle for us to sample.

Worked out as a little under €650 for 72 bottles, and he delivered them for free as we weren't too far away from him.

Try getting in touch with him through the website and see if he has anything within your budget.

Allow half a bottle of each per guest.....

Sangre de Torres is drinkable, appears as many house wines in restaurants. Alternative is to go to somewhere like Tesco and see what half price offers are on.
Could youdo a run to France for a day? Take a van, fill it with wine from the local hypermarket or cave - lots of people doing that last year.

that was our wedding wine and it went down very well...very drinkable.
We bought ours in an off licence in Newry and i think they were £5 per bottle. This was on sale recently (or still is) in Supervalu for €7 so I'm not sure the north is worth the effort anymore.

I had JP Chenet served to me at last wedding I was at. Thought it was nice drinkable wine...n according to the bride n groom, very reasonably priced (cant remember how much, but i believe it is often on offer)

I had JP Chenet served to me at last wedding I was at. Thought it was nice drinkable wine...n according to the bride n groom, very reasonably priced (cant remember how much, but i believe it is often on offer)

I wouldn't touch JP Chenet with a 40' pole!

Back