Will i make my flight???

tina27a

Hi,I am going on holidays in 5 weeks time and we are flying from Cork to Dublin and will arrive in Dublin at 8.30am.Our onward flight is at 10am with Ryanair and i'm wondering with all the waiting time going through security at the moment will we make our flight at 10am.We will have one and a half hours to get from arrivals to departures and then check in and go through security.
I'm getting so nervous about it i'm even considering changing our flight to Dublin to the night before and booking into a hotel but that is all extra money so i was hoping some of you might have some advice??

Sounds tight given ryanair closes check in 40 minutes before departure. If you are using different tickets for the two flights you'll have to pick up your bags too.

I'd change if missing your connection is a disaster.

PS. My better half says she wouldn't change. Down to how happy you are with flying by the seat of your pants I guess.

Hi Tina,

Welcome to AAM.

Not sure if this previous thread Is Dublin airport back to normal yet will help or just make you more nervous.

Perhaps a [broken link removed] to Dublin Airport might help. [broken link removed] might help as will [broken link removed].

Hope things work out travel wise and that you enjoy the hols.

If only we could all do a 'beam me up Scottie' :)

Thanks for the replies.Still trying to make my mind up.I think i will be changing flights as it will mean i will be able to relax a bit.

By the way, the days of cheap'n'crappy airlines being able to say that they are a point-to-point airline and hence can be as late as they want and give you a voucher for 2.50 are gone. The Montreal Convention makes them liable for delays although I think it may only apply to international flights and in your case given the fact that you will not be able to meet the advised check in time anyway it might not hold much water legally.

I think we will change our flights but i looked up hotels last night and every hotel was booked out for the 24 June.I'm really starting to panic now.Looks like we could be spending the night in the airport!

its the U2 concert that weekend so you will find it very difficult to get a hotel
why not try for a B&B it will be cheaper as well

Hi Guys,Just to give an update-I sent an email to Aer Arann customer services last night and this morning a lovely lady rang me to talk about my options.I decided to change our flights to the night before and as a goodwill gesture she said she would only bill us the 22euro change fee for 3 of us.There are 6 of us travelling.So a big cheer for Aer Arann and their customer service.She was certainly very helpful!
Now the next problem is to try to find somewhere to stay in Dublin .Trust us to be travelling the wekend U2 are playing.

HI TINA

HERE IS A FEW GUEST HOUSES/BB AROUND THE AIRPORT YOU COULD GIVE THEM A TRY IF YOU WANT TO FIND MORE IN DUBLIN GO TO www.goldenpages.ie

Airport Guest House B&B
Airport G.H. Baskin Lane,
Cloghran
(01) 8402647

Airport Manor Exclusive Guest House
Airport Manor Naul rd, Knocksedan Swords
(01) 8401818

Rebecca Gibney
Glenmore Hse , Airport rd Nevinstown Swords
(01) 8403610

HOPE THIS HELPS

no problem tina. here is a few other areas you could try which is close to the airport but you would need to get a taxi would be santry, whitehall, baldoyle, donaghmede

Pink,You are a STAR.I rang the first b&B that you gave me in Baskin Lane and was talking to a very nice guy called Pierce who was willing to try and put us all up in one big room,but in the meantime he gave me the number of another b&b nearby and i rang and got 2 rooms for the night.I feel so relieved.If i had you here i'd give you a big hug.Once again thanks a million:)

Back