Whole World Passive Equity Fund

Daddy Ireland

Can anyone advise how I can buy into this type of fund or recommend such a fund with very low management charges. Also, is it possible to purchase this type of fund in euros.

Is this for a PRSA or a taxable brokerage account?

Vanguard FTSE All-World UCITS ETF (VWRL) has a euro share class.

If you want an ETF that's subject to normal income tax/CGT (as opposed to exit tax), then Vanguard Total World Stock ETF (VT) might be a good choice (although it doesn't have a euro share class).

Both ETFs are available on a commission free basis with DeGiro.

Is this for a PRSA or a taxable brokerage account?

Vanguard FTSE All-World UCITS ETF (VWRL) has a euro share class.

If you want an ETF that's subject to normal income tax/CGT (as opposed to exit tax), then Vanguard Total World Stock ETF (VT) might be a good choice (although it doesn't have a euro share class).

Both ETFs are available on a commission free basis with DeGiro.

Why no Exit Tax status on VT?

Are there others similar?

Not for a PRSA. Simply a lump sum investment. Does it have to be an ETF. I just want to invest in a euro passive world equity index fund. Thanks.

Why no Exit Tax status on VT?
Because VT is US domiciled.
[broken link removed]

VT tracks the FTSE Global All-Cap Index, whereas VWRL tracks the FTSE All-World Index.

The main difference between the two indices is that the All-Cap index includes small capitalisation companies but the two indices are likely to produce very similar results - the annualised return over the last 5 years has been identical.
http://www.ftse.com/Analytics/FactSheets/Home/DownloadSingleIssue/GAE?issueName=GEISLMS

Not for a PRSA. Simply a lump sum investment. Does it have to be an ETF. I just want to invest in a euro passive world equity index fund. Thanks.
The mutual fund equivalent of VT is VTWSX but it has higher fees than the ETF share class (which can be bought on a commission free basis through DeGiro).

You don't have to buy an ETF but they are the cheapest way to gain exposure to your preferred index.

Thanks Sarenco. Just one other question is there a passive Vanguard high yielding dividend world fund in euros that I could invest in through Degiro and is there aby link to it to see the returns achieved in recent years.

Just one other question is there a passive Vanguard high yielding dividend world fund in euros that I could invest in through Degiro and is there aby link to it to see the returns achieved in recent years.
Vanguard has such an ETF (see link) but I don't think it's offered by DeGiro on a commission free basis -

Make sure you read up on the tax treatment of different funds/ETFs - it's a bit of a minefield...

Yes thanks Sarenco. I believe ETF's especially are complex beasts. Thats a worry and I will have to get financial advice in those respects.

Back