Who is the point of contact to when a dole claim has been dealt with unsatisfactorily

Westy

I just returned to the country from doing volunteer work. I want to claim the dole for the 7 weeks it took me to find work after my return to the country. I mad my claim in Galway originally as that is where I was based. They told me to come back for a means test, but I had since moved to Dublin to begin my new job. I was told that my local Dublin office would be able to process the claim. But when I went to the Dublin office they did nothing to help me and just said they couldnld process the claim as it was made in Galway.
Unsatisfactorily I wish to talk to someone who has the authority and knowledge to implement the right course of action in this circumstance.
If anyone has any idea who can help I would be grateful for suggestions.

Last edited:
If you made a claim in Galway, and didn't make a claim in Dublin, then your claim is still in Galway. They will have to decide it, one way or the other. Contact them to see what is the situation. If they disallowed it because you did not have a means-test, appeal against that decision stating that you moved address, etc..

If you feel that nobody is helping you or directing you to the right place. Then what you need to do is to write out an Appeals Form & you can get one posted to you from

Social Welfare Appeals Office
D'Olier House
D'Olier Street
Dublin 2

Telephone: Locall 1890 74 74 34

You will need all your information of where you where before & after your return to the country. PPS no Contact Details. It can take 3 months to here a decision back but i suppose 7 weeks pay is worth it.
Hope you get things sorted

As you are no longer in Galway request them to get you means tested in Dublin, they wil lforward the result of the means test to Galway who will then process any payment due.

Back