Who is cheap for car insurance this year

LLDLY

I'm looking for car insurance for my wife. The last few years 123.ie have been reasonable but not this time. Does anyone know who is competitive?

Re: Who cheap for car insurance this year

I have always found Quinn Direct to be the cheapest.

It's the most basic insurance but this suits me.

I moved from Quinn to RSA this year. Whey not use some of the broker sites to give you an idea of what people are offering.

I moved from Quinn to RSA this year. Whey not use some of the broker sites to give you an idea of what people are offering.
Yea I'm just getting some ideas

I got a great seal with 123.ie.

Shop around and go back to your original insurance company. The company I'm with came very close to matching the best quote I got (close enough that I didn't want to change, I think €20 off).

I've found 25plus.ie reasonable which included most extras and no nonsense.ie not bad without extras

Having done my annual shop-around, I also got a good deal with "25plus.ie" - beat all other quotes and breakdown assistance included (seems to be at no extra cost).
I think they are based in Derry - perhaps that explains their competitiveness...

The best for me this year was FBD and they used to be one of the dearest. Hibernian went from being the cheapest to the second dearest so I moved from them. 123.ie were really high too.

I had my car insurance through the AA for the last nine years but found it cheaper from bestquote.ie this year. The quote from the AA went up from last year. I saved over 150 euro and the insurance is with RSA

Getting quotes at the moment. If I have been driving for 6 years, had 1 claim in that time but had FULL No Claims Bonus protection...

Does that mean that

A. I should be quoted by that company only on the basis of having 6 years NCB?

OR

B. Should be quoted by ALL companies on the basis of having 6 years NCB?

Company I have been with for that period of time has 50% NCB down on their renewal form (although their price is way off the mark for the first time in 6 years). Should it not be more than 50%??

50% is usually the maximum bonus most companies will give. If you are looking for new quotations you can tell the new companies that you have a 50% bonus but you must disclose the claim, which may restrict your quoting options.

Gosh 250, I am feeling bad now as I settled for 290 today but felt I got a great deal, bonus protection, windscreen cover, breakdown assist and all that goes with that and 200 excess. Mid 30's full license, fully comp, full no claims bonus on a 1.4, 4 yr old car.
Would love to know when people say they got a good deal how good was it and what are the circumstances of cover.

26, female, 4 years driving, full licence 1 year and no claims, 2006 1.4 car - €509

Gosh 250, I am feeling bad now as I settled for 290 today but felt I got a great deal, bonus protection, windscreen cover, breakdown assist and all that goes with that and 200 excess. Mid 30's full license, fully comp, full no claims bonus on a 1.4, 4 yr old car.
Would love to know when people say they got a good deal how good was it and what are the circumstances of cover.

Hi Niceoneted,
this is better than some of the quotes ive gotten today, would you mind telling me who you went with pls?
Cheers
DS

Back