White Castle Budapest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you get your light fittings etc also done ?
I am dealing with E in Home Center.
Just off the subject, has anyone been to the Auchan about 2 km south of our apartments ? I saw it on google earth, although it was still under construction looking at the satelite pictures.

Thanks

Did you get your light fittings etc also done ?
I am dealing with E in Home Center.
Just off the subject, has anyone been to the Auchan about 2 km south of our apartments ? I saw it on google earth, although it was still under construction looking at the satelite pictures.

Thanks

Yea, Got all furnishing's done through flat management..They found a tenant for both the apartment and carspace staright away..The first 4 months , i think i was left with about a €7 surplus (flat finders fee,furnishings,maintenance etc..).Since then it has almost paid for it self...But i have yet to sort out the tax which i am in the middle of doing..
Do they take a flat finders fee off yearly, or is this only a once of payment??
Also, with regard to the title deeds, other than what was signed at the handover stage, was there anything else that was required from us as i certainly didn't receive anything..This thing about signing forms at the embassey is all news to me..

Do they take a flat finders fee off yearly, or is this only a once of payment??
Also, with regard to the title deeds, other than what was signed at the handover stage, was there anything else that was required from us as i certainly didn't receive anything..This thing about signing forms at the embassey is all news to me..

I have a feeling it may be an annual charge but Id be delighted to be wrong.

As to the deeds its possible that these documents that I got were signed by you at the handover stage or else they havent been sent to you yet. I.e you are either way ahead of me in the paperwork or else slightly behind me... do you have copies of what you signed,if so what is the title or heading of the document.

(bear in mind I am in another home center development not white castle)

Hi all

The finders fee of 1 months rent is a fee per tenant in your appartment. If the same tenant was to stay on for another year , then another finders fee would not be payable. If a different tenant was installed then another mnths finder fee would be charged. In the case of a lease agreement the finders fee would be charged to the leasee.

Hi Eddie10,

It sounds like you signed just the contracts in Dublin like the three others of us.
I can recall going to the Hungarian Embassy in Dublin with my passport but it was way back in 2005- The final document we really to have in our hands are the tittle deeds. I will update everyone on Friday as I am waiting to hear back from E in Home Center

j

I have been watching your posts with intrest. I bought in Sunpalace in Budapest and paid final balance in October 2006 but I still have no title deeds. I know other people in Sziv who are in the same boat.

Are you going to contact an Irish solicitor? I was thinking of contacting an independent Hungarian lawyer. I know of about another 15 people who do not have deeds for their properties also.

As there appear to be so many of us I just wonder if this is just the normal system in Budapest and we will get our deeds in due course.

I'm not sure whether I should be very worred or not.

Does anybody out there know the system?

Here is a guide about property registration in Hungary
Registering Property in Hungary

This topic examines the steps, time, and cost involved in registering property in Hungary.

Registration Requirements: Procedure 1.Obtain a certified title sheet folio at the Land Registry OfficeTime to complete:1 dayCost to complete:HUF 4,000Comment:Obtain an original certified title sheet folio at the Land Registry Office for checking the current data of the property. The title sheet folio includes information on liens and tax non-payments.
According to the Hungarian law, the issue of title sheet folio cannot precede over 30 days the date of signing of the contract.
Procedure 2.The sale and purchase agreement is signed by a lawyer to become validTime to complete:1 dayCost to complete:1% of the purchase price (lawyer's fees) - subject to the parties' agreementComment:After the negotiations between parties are finished, a written form of the sale and purchase agreement is required, and each page has to be initialed / signed by the parties. The contract becomes valid by the countersignature of a lawyer (signature, stamp and dry stamp on each page). The countersignature certifies the identity of the signing parties and that the content of the agreement is in line with the legal regulations and the will of the parties. Procedure 3.Obtain the extract of the purchaser from the Court of RegistryTime to complete:1 dayCost to complete:HUF 5,000Comment:An extract of the purchaser from the commercial registry must be obtained.
With the data indicated in the extract the officer can check that the legal entity really exists and that the manager is really entitled to sign for the company.
The commercial register is public, so anybody can go there and ask for a company extract. At real estate sales if the purchaser is a legal entity, it is obliged to submit an extended company extract. The extract has to contain the deleted and actual data of the company as well, and may not be issued earlier than 30 days preceding the sale. It means that if a company has a fresh extract in its files from former legal relationships, it may use that for this purpose, but since the extract is submitted to the land registry office, it has to get a new one for other purposes.
Procedure 4.Submit application to the Land Registry Office and register the titleTime to complete:60-90 daysCost to complete:10% of property value (Stamp duty) + HUF 5,000 (registration fee)Comment:The official deadline for the land registry office to register a right under the application is 30 days. In practice, it usually takes 2-3 months. As of January 2006, amendments to the Act on Land Registration included a registration fee of HUF 5,000 for the transfer of property titles. Also, as of January 2006, it is possible to retrieve a standardized application form online, at: www.takarnet.hu. The Registry office will only accept this standard form.
Once the application has been submitted to the land registry office, one set of the documents are forwarded to the stamp duty office. Purchaser will then receive a letter from the stamp duty office and will pay stamp duty by postal check or bank transfer. Stamp duty payable: 10% of the gross market value for sales of commercial property. For sales without retaining of the ownership, the title is registered at the end of the time period indicated above.
Usually, if the purchaser does not pay the full purchase price at the signing of the contract, the vendor retains its ownership. (Such retention may be registered until the payment of the full purchase price). The application may request the registration of the sale with retention of ownership, or the registration of title. As of January 2006 there is a new possibility instead of applying for the retention of ownership until the payment of the full purchase price - according to the new regulation the seller may declare that he/she will ask for registering the purchaser's title at a certain date but no later than 6 months from the date of the agreement, and during this time period the registration is pending and no other registrations or applications may be fulfilled regarding the property. In the event that the land registry office shall not receive the consent above from the owner of the property, deletes automatically the pending application.
The fact of sale with retention of ownership is indicated on a so-called side note in 24 hours counted from the submission. This means that some kind of application was submitted with regard to the property but it was not judged by the land registry office yet (not registered, not refused). For sales with retention of ownership, a declaration has to be submitted stating that the title may be registered, simultaneously with the deletion of the retention of ownership. Following the submission of the declaration, a new side note will be indicated, and the title of the purchaser will be registered.
Transfers of property are subject to a 20% VAT. For residential buildings, only the first sale is subject to VAT.

The documentation shall include:
The standardized application form
Two original copies and one photocopy of the contract.
Original extract of the purchaser from the commercial register.
Specimen of signature of the executive officer who has signed the contract (issued by a notary public)Note: Procedures sometimes take place simultaneously. Instances of this are marked with an asterisk

Procedure 4 is the method of registration used in Whitecastles case as far as i am aware. Surely it has passed all time limits by now.

Dr. John,

Thanks for that!

I had emailed the lawyer Dr. H 2 days ago with queries of my own(re Albatross) and got a very thorough and comprehensive reply today so cant complain. I do not believe anything untoward is going on other than delay.

In my case I have to sign the final transfer of ownership document(but I have this for two months sitting in a pile of paperwork on the floor of my sitting room so I cant really blame anyone for that :D ), when I send it back it will be lodged in Land Registry and in a couple of months( Dr,H said must be by law in 30 days but in practice ot takes the Land REg months sometimes) I will be registered.

Also there is Deed of Foundation document which I mentioned in another thread( about Springs) which I understand is very standard but they are going to have it translated for me (€80). When I get the translation thats when Im going to sign the forms and send it back(hopefully in a few weeks) and then Im hoping that all will be sorted.

I know you are all in Whitecastle but what I think you just need to do is ask if there is any more documents you have to sign as ye may all be either ahead of me but equally you may be behind me in the paperwork.

I really dont think anything bad is going on (but of course I may be horribly wrong:eek:

Dr John

Many thanks for that most informative reply. I very much appreciate it.

Hi all I am getting movement with Home Center... see mail received today -
Dear **$%£" ,

Please find attached the above document and get the personal data checked with Mr. **$%£" (Me!)

If they are correct, print them in 7 copies, attach (staple) the original contract to each copy and get them signed on every page, even the photocopied contract.
Then I will need 2 copies apostilled on the last page and all the copies sent back to me so that I can get them signed by the Vendor as well.
Then I can submit it to the Land registry and also post one original for Mr. **$%£".

This progress was made after contacting Dr. H's office.

Thanks all.

From some of the posts on this tread, it would appear that "White Elephant" would be a more appropriate name for this development!

please note the following information which came to my knowledge regarding the white castle project:
- as far as I know the hand over of the apartments took place toward the end of 2006.
- in order to transfer ownership, the seller need to obtain the usage permit for the building, following that to establish the condominium and then each apartment will have it's own title
- the contracts which you have signed were signed in English / Hungarian in any case of dispute between the parties (buyer / seller) a court or arbitrator will make his decision ONLY based on the Hungarian version of the contract
- it turns out that in the Hungarian version of the contract the developer took the obligation to pay penalty to the buyer until the transferring of ownership and not the transferring of possession - as mentioned in the English version.
I strongly suggest that you will get a local lawyer - not Dr. horvath to check this matter for you, I did not see the contract so can not indicate the exact part of it that refers to the penalty.

Why are people on these sites just radomly adding comments with no meaning ?

Hi all,

I was in Home Center today and have signed my remaining buyer agreement. There were around 10 copies. These are to be sent back to Budapest for the vendors signature and then to the deeds office - I am told this could take 2 -3 months to sort out. Then I will receive a copy of the deeds so the story will be over.

Anyone else had this progress recently ?

please note the following information which came to my knowledge regarding the white castle project:
- as far as I know the hand over of the apartments took place toward the end of 2006.
- in order to transfer ownership, the seller need to obtain the usage permit for the building, following that to establish the condominium and then each apartment will have it's own title
- the contracts which you have signed were signed in English / Hungarian in any case of dispute between the parties (buyer / seller) a court or arbitrator will make his decision ONLY based on the Hungarian version of the contract
- it turns out that in the Hungarian version of the contract the developer took the obligation to pay penalty to the buyer until the transferring of ownership and not the transferring of possession - as mentioned in the English version.
I strongly suggest that you will get a local lawyer - not Dr. horvath to check this matter for you, I did not see the contract so can not indicate the exact part of it that refers to the penalty.

Would this mean that by now the developer is probably late and therefore owes the buyers money?? Sorry if ive totally misunderstood you:confused:

The developer is late in transfering the ownership (registration of the title) and therefore exposed to penalty claim

Hi Lee-m
How difficult would this penalty be to retreive? What could a person do if the penalty clause was not honoured by the seller?
I have no doubt if penalties were payable by the buyer it would be demanded.I wonder would it have to end up in a court of law for settlement. Has anybody experienced this sort of thing or can they recommend any good English speaking relible Hungarian solicitor.

I'm not sure about all that, did it say how much of a deduction is due ?
Anyone else been in to Home Center in Dublin to sign 'final' documentation ?

Please do not advertise Hungarian Property Management Services (or anything else) on AAM.

since I do not speak hungarian I can not read this specific part in the contract and tell you the exact amount of penalty etc' I can only advice you to check it with a local lawyer - not related to the developer and get his advise, I know of couple of hungarian buyers that managed to collect the penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back