Home Which companies will cover 74 days unoccoupied under their normal policy assumptions

G

Gitzy

Hi,
Anyone know which insurance companies will cover 74 days unoccupied as part of normal policy for house+contents insurance. The best I can find is 60 days unoccupied. I'm going on hols for 74 days in the summer, renewal due by 28th of this month. Any answers/experiences would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris.

none.

If you are living in a private house/appartment and have standard full cover, then perhaps you could arrange for a relative/friend to stay over some few nights. Otherwise, tell your insurers of your plans and they might be able to assist you. Do be careful however to read your policy wording. some say 'continuous' unoccupancy whilst others simply refer to the number of days unoccupied in any one period of insurance

They're are a number of broker based companies that offer unnocupied cover (Prestige for example) but the cover is basic and expensive. I would agree with Ravima, try and get someone to stay in the property if possible.

www.powerinsurances.ie

Back