Dublin where to rent a safe deposit box?

AlastairSC

...for title deeds and other critical docs. Something small. My bank doesn't and solicitor won't either.

Where would people recommend for document storage in Dublin (or SE)?

Thnks.

IMHO it is best to buy an average sized fireproof safe and store the documents yourself. If you are worried about it being stolen then hide it in the attic or somewhere else. If you get a heavy enough one it would be awkward for the average burglar. It can also prove handy for storing important documents such as passports, birth certs. etc. which in the event of a fire would be time consuming to have to replace.

A one-off payment rather than a possible yearly rental fee would be better also.

This post/thread convinces me that you are the best person to store your documents as you never know when they can be misfiled.

Woodie's sell various sizes of safety deposit box.

I bought a good sized one for less than €70.

I attached it to a concrete wall under stairs.

Handy for storing important docs.

+1. If you have an alarm in your house, your alarm company should be able to supply you with an appropriate fire-proof safe, sufficiently clamped to avoid being taken out, which will cater for all of your needs. I have a small one of these which is sufficient to house all jewellery, all important paperwork (passports, tax documents, insurance certificates, certificates for savings etc., wills, birth/marriage certs etc.). I am totally averse to continual payments for many of the services which we can manage ourselves.

Thanks for that info. Currently in rented house. While I would consider own box if totally fireproof (and if I could get approval to install it) I'd still appreciate knowing what external storage options are available as we may move several times in next few years.

If those posters who have kindly replied could help further or perhaps others may also know? Thnx.

Just found this thread when googling Safe Deposit Boxes in Dublin. I visited Merrion Vaults today and rented a Safe Deposit Box there. They also have a gold bullion trading service there for any of you that are interested.

A household insurance loss adjuster/inspector told me a while back that requirement now is that safety deposit box must be cemented in concrete in floor.

Back