Where to invest in France?

M

merx07

Hi
We are currently looking to invest in France. Not interested in leasebacks - we want to go for a buy to let option. Our plan would be to let it exclusively for the first 5 years and then let it but possibly use it for a portion of the year thereafter.

What regions would people recommend? I have read that the languedoc region is experiencing good capital appreciation lately and rental yields are strong? What areas of languedoc are good - around Montpellier or Carcassone/Perpignan? Also i have lived previously in Nice (10 years ago) and like the Cote d'Azur area - how is this region for renting at the moment? Would you get better bang for your buck elsewhere?

I am familiar with the regions above but have never been to the west coast. Would anyone recommend investing here?

Really only kicking off our interest in this so at this stage just looking to get a feel on what region in France we should go for before we take the next step of going out for a visit.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Seen as you state Montpellier you could talk to these guys.

[broken link removed]

I have no connection with the company. I found their website through a google. I was not in a position to buy but I did contact them with a query about letting near Montpellier and even though they were not in a position to offer me a service they provided me with contact details. They even followed up on it a few days later. Found them very helpful and friendly.

I have a place on the Cote D'Azur. Its been a breeze to rent on the seasonal market.

Property prices are high however, as are running costs. However the rental income is excellent too.

If you pick the right location and the right property its a winner.
Lovely place to holiday too!

I have a place on the Cote D'Azur. Its been a breeze to rent on the seasonal market.

Property prices are high however, as are running costs. However the rental income is excellent too.

If you pick the right location and the right property its a winner.
Lovely place to holiday too!

The Riviera will always be more expensive than other areas of France. Long term letting returns are low-ish (4 to 5.5%), but seasonal letting yields are high (5+%). It depends on what you buy.

Thanks folks...anyone have any experiene or information on investing in the Biarritz region?

Back