Where to go with a 1 yr old in the sun

Happy_Harry

Checked some older posts, but just wondering if you have any good tips for a sun holiday with a 14 months old.

Within 3/4 hr flying range - the shorter the better
Self catering or All inclusive - never tried AI, but if the food is good wouldn't mind trying
Creche on site - mummy and daddy need some time to relax too- it has been a hectic 14 months :D
Air conditioning in the room
Package or Hotel only doesn't matter
Within 30 mins of an airport.
Not Portugal

Thanks

Somewhere in Spain. Very kid friendly. I have seen the Spanish bring their babies in buggies/car seat thinggies in to restaurants at 11pm onwards (Spanish eat late). The kids are always fast asleep at that time, and the noise doesn't seem to wake them up, but they are Spanish and may be used to late nights from their parents! No babysitting fees either.

I can't recommend anywhere in Spain, just goggle it around the airports served, and I'm sure you will come up with something. Enjoy, although the littlun won't remember a thing!

The Algarve is great - very child friendly etc. Went there with 16 month old last year.

have been to benalmadena 20 mins drive from malaga airport twice since sept 09 and 1st weeki n march. we have a same age baby. we done self catering as it suits us.did not want to throw baby out of routine. hugh public park with rabbits hens ducks wandering around freely, theme park sea world, aquarium and fuenorigola zoo20mins away. it is hetic 14 months but your hols will not be the same as before baby its about getting away from here for a while. baby is all that counts now

Menorca is great, but I'm not sure if the kids clubs/creches will take one that young. Do you really need a creche? They are fairly easy to take around for anything at that age, and they'll be snoozing in the heat for a lot of the time.

I'd have thought that you might be better off with something nice in Italy, and worry about creches and kids clubs in a couple of years.

The Algarve is great - very child friendly etc. Went there with 16 month old last year.

Good suggestion, but the OP said "not Portugal".

How about camping (e.g. in France)? There are plenty of well-recommended family/child-friendly services. Keycamp is one.

Thanks for the responses- will check out Menorca for sure.
Camping would be my thing , but the missus isn't too keen.
Not sure about Italy with her right now, later absolutely when she appreciates the beauty of the country and the food...For this holiday just looking for a nice resort style holiday.

Thanks for the responses- will check out Menorca for sure.
Camping would be my thing , but the missus isn't too keen.
Not sure about Italy with her right now, later absolutely when she appreciates the beauty of the country and the food...For this holiday just looking for a nice resort style holiday.

Plenty of nice resorts in Italy to get her accustomed.

Riccione (near to but far enough away from Rimini) is a beatutiful seaside resort. I could also vouch for the charms of San Vincenzo on the Tuscan coast. Both places have all the good aspects of beach resorts without any exposure to the lager lout culture. I hear similar sentiments about Lake Garda as well but I've never been there myself.

Parts of Mallorca are absolutely beautiful. Pollensa on the north coast is prefect for a smallie as the beach is long, clean, flat and shallow. You could either stay in Puerto Pollensa which is on the sea or Pollensa town about 20 mins inland. 30 minutes driving from each and you are in deep mountainous countryside or lovely sleepy villages. Pollensa doesn;t have AI that I know off. Avoid Alcudia and most of the south coast. Santa Ponsa beach is lovely but the town is pretty honky tonk

Hi HH

We went to Spain last yr with our then 5 month old. The hotel we stayed in had choice of hotel rooms and apartments, and also had a baby club for babies 6months+. I think they took the babies in the morning for a few hours and in the afternoon if you wanted. Our little one was too young so we couldn't sign up!

We stayed half board, the food was grand - had a good choice but by the end of the week was a bit boring!

There was entertainment on in the hotel every evening and plenty of babies in buggies sleeping through it all! Here is the link:

[broken link removed]

We were also recommended a hotel in Fuerteventura called bluebay, very child friendly apparently it looked fab but just the dates didn't suit us.

Hope you have a great holiday wherever you go!

Eims

Back