Where to buy baby stuff

indebtedgal

Can anyone give me reccomendations for places to buy gear for babies, eg buggies, bottles, bouncers etc. I know there are loads of places out there, but where is the best value for money. I have no interest in the boutique type places that do the designer prams!! Either in ROI or NI please or online...

Try www.adverts.ie for second hand stuff which looks excellent - only problem is they are very popular and get snapped up quick so you need to keep looking.

Alternatively Mamas and Papas and Mothercare have a wide range of baby stuff.

Or try www.jumbletown.ie for free items. I've given away lots of baby stuff my children have outgrown but which were in perfect condition. You can put a wanted ad but probably best to keep an eye on the forum for baby stuff.

Or otherwise gumtree.ie or donedeal.ie for secondhand stuff.

I personally received loads of hand-me-downs from my family and wouldnt have any qualms about second-hand stuff.

thank you all for the suggestions, however we want to get the stuff that we need brand new ( we have already sourced a few items from friends) what i'd like to know is has anybody found one particular store cheaper than most... Also where would have the best selection under one roof,, I am thinking toys r us outside newry..

For baby furniture it's worth heading to Ikea - they have gorgeous high chairs for £17 and cots for under £50. There is a Toys R Us nearby too I think!

I personally wouldn't be bothered buying anything new ! I got all my baby stuff on jumbletown, freecycle, magicmum, rollercoaster and eumom

But if you are going to buy new - buy it on line! Far cheaper

Look around the baby shops decide what you want you'll save a fortune

this website is fantastic

Best of luck

whatever about anything else dont use a 2nd hand car seat because you can't be sure it hasn't been in an accident

whatever about anything else dont use a 2nd hand car seat because you can't be sure it hasn't been in an accident

Interesting- would that make a difference? I mean if the structure was intact? Or could it be weakened?

I also would buy a new mattress for a cot.

Hi

Definitely a new mattress and car seat. A car seat is like a motorbike helmet - 1 accident and the safety is compromised. 2nd hand you just don't know what's happened to it - unless of course it's coming fro a close family memeber and you know they've had no accidents.

Brilliant UK website is http://www.thebabycatalogue.com/ and delivery to ROI is £10.

The big toyshop opposite Sainsburys in The Quays in Newry has had a Pound for Euro deal running for the past 3 weekends, which is great value. I don't know how long the promotion is likely to last.

I can't recall if they have a significant baby / nursery section, but worth a look if you happen to be near Newry.

Betsy

Smyths is good, also Mothercare. If in Dublin Tony Kealy's in Walkinstown has good range and very helpful staff. As another poster said don't go for second hand car seat and always get a new mattress if getting a second hand cot.

Can anyone give me reccomendations for places to buy gear for babies, eg buggies, bottles, bouncers etc. I know there are loads of places out there, but where is the best value for money. I have no interest in the boutique type places that do the designer prams!! Either in ROI or NI please or online...

Smyths is good for price but it is all expensive. There are often people selling it secondhand and almost new as the babies tend to grow out of the first stuff within 6 months. The buy and sell is very good also

Smyths are good but you can get very good almost new stuff in the buy and sell.
BB

Samuel Johnstons in belfast, they also have an online shop. Kings in Keady, not far from Newry are good value ( we got our pram there) . Problem with buying things in the North is when it breaks you may have to go back to them. We were lucky we had a problem with car seat adaptors for our bugaboo and the dealer and carlow changed them for us, not sure if every manufacuter would be like that

Interesting- would that make a difference? I mean if the structure was intact? Or could it be weakened?
New car seat seems to be the conventional wisdom but I wouldn't subscribe to it myself. If the seat is in good condition then I wouldn't see a problem. It's not comparable with the argument for a new motorbike helmet.

Ebay is very good at the moment for postable baby stuff because of the sterling exchange rate. I got a grobag (new) for 28e recently including postage. They are 40e in Tony Kealy's.

Smyths have a sale on in Baby Dept at the moment, check out for online catalogue

Ebay is very good at the moment for postable baby stuff because of the sterling exchange rate. I got a grobag (new) for 28e recently including postage. They are 40e in Tony Kealy's.

Got these in TK Maxx for my SIL for around 19.99 for grobags brand and 12.99 for another brand. Also noticed they often have baby stuff on offer i.e. baby baths,blankets,car seats etc... but check the retail prices first as don't always belive they original price/our price blurb but have picked up some bargains there.

Back