Where can I have an image of my retina taken?

horizonverizon

I'm planning on getting a floater-only vitrectomy in the States and the retinal surgeon would like me to get a high res image of my retina before he considers operating. I went to Specsavers but they said that the machines that take the photo are too low quality.

I'd be looking for an eye clinic that has something like this:

8veo6y2wyjbc1.jpeg

Try one of the private ophthamologists (some work out of Blackrock clinic for eg). There is a photography place in town but probably not medical grade

I go to an optician in Dalkey and they do an OCT retinal scan for €50
No sure if it is what your looking for but you could give them a call and enquire

I'm planning on getting a floater-only vitrectomy in the States and the retinal surgeon would like me to get a high res image of my retina before he considers operating. I went to Specsavers but they said that the machines that take the photo are too low quality.

I'd be looking for an eye clinic that has something like this:

8veo6y2wyjbc1.jpeg

Several good suggestions above. I would make sure that you know exactly what the surgeon wants (there are many different types of retinal imaging) so that you don't get the wrong thing done and end up wasting money.

Do you live in the USA? Wondering why you are having the vitrectomy there instead of Ireland/UK?

I thought some of the large optometrists did Retinal photography as part of a routine eye test.

Back