Where can a non-resident deposit money?

alwaysonit

With both my UK accounts I'm being told I need to be a UK resident for tax purposes to open a deposit account.
What countries/banks don't hold such a requirement? Ideally ones with attractive rates.

I'm not a resident of anywhere as I've been traveling for a few years, but the revenue still charge me DIRT as they've not heard of a case like this before

I'm not a resident of anywhere as I've been traveling for a few years, but the revenue still charge me DIRT as they've not heard of a case like this before

Everyone (except Apple :D) has a tax residency.

Revenue do not apply DIRT, normally it is deduced at source by your bank. You can tell your bank to not deduct DIRT if you are non-resident and your bank allows non-resident accounts. You will then need to declare your deposit interest in whatever country you are resident in.

I thought your money was in UK bank accounts. HM .... is not Irish revenue? Is their DIRT in the UK?

There is tax on deposit income in the UK but your liability to pay the UK rate is determined by your country of residence.

Back