When will the downward spiral in the stockmarket end?

For those with no current exposure to the ISEQ - wouldn't this be a good time to buy?

Isn't the decision "do I think shares are going to continue to drop over the next few days?"

The decision for me is " where is the market going to be in 10 to 15 years time ". I'm a buyer.

I am exceptionally bullish long term as I was back in the mid 80's when I first started buying assets. Moooooooooooooooooooo ! :D

what a cut by the fed. bank of america cut their prime lending rate by the same ammount. did anyone hear of the book winning on wall st by marty zweig. this would be considered extremely bullish scenario. 6 months from now, the dow will be at 15000

put a bet on it. come back here on october 10th and tell me that

put a bet on it. come back here on october 10th and tell me that
Blimey, I hope your financial maths is not as bad as your counting, October is nearly ten months away, not six.

Have a look at what prompts the Fed to cut rates like this (I'll give you a clue, it starts with "R").

Then have a look at what happens to stock markets in a recession. (Damn, just gave the answer away).

Interesting reading here :

[broken link removed]

I always read the last paragraph in articles first and then when I read "As a subscriber, you'll receive an email alert when I publish new solutions " I know it's yet another piece of doom and gloom drivel for the masses who haven't the forsight to see to the end of their noses.

oh god. i just read the first line and closed the article

The coming financial collapse of the U.S. government: Fed papers reveal what's in store for Americans

strange solution to increase credit to a nation with NINJA'a, inability to payback credit card debt, is this the famous dead cat bounce .... where to next .... any predictions will ECB follow, Irish financial's up is that it have they hit the bottom?

strange solution to increase credit to a nation with NINJA'a, inability to payback credit card debt, is this the famous dead cat bounce .... where to next .... any predictions will ECB follow, Irish financial's up is that it have they hit the bottom?

I don't think the ECB will follow the Fed's lead. Rates will stay the same with a very slim probability of an increase and zero probability of a cut IMO.

"Past performance is no guide to the future" and after the longest and most extreme period of house price inflation this country has ever seen i think that statement is very important. To see where we COULD be headed you need to take at the previous property bubbles in Japan and the UK and just at Ireland.

I dont believe you can compare what happened in Japan to the property correction we are experiencing at present. The ratios between average income and average house price in Ireland is closing which would suggest that affordability is close in the ftb market as incomes keep rising.

I dont believe you can compare what happened in Japan to the property correction we are experiencing at present. The ratios between average income and average house price in Ireland is closing which would suggest that affordability is close in the ftb market as incomes keep rising.
Why will incomes keep rising?

Back