When to stop paying Maintenance!

unfortunately not a legal eagle but i imagine that as soon as she gets results she is finished her education- (unless she doesnt pass)!

My niece is at the same level as your daughter. She studied in UCD and her final placement was in the Mater Hospital. She has been paid since last January but I don't know what she earns but I do know she runs her own car and has been paying her own rent since January which has been a great help to her parents as they have 2 more children in college. She will finish her placement at the end of August and won't be able to work until I think it is the end of September when she can register as a fully qualified nurse.
I think your daughter is telling you a few fibs which is sad as you did your duty to her and will do I am sure as in my eyes a parent is a job for life. Best of luck.

Well, September has come and gone and Lyonsie is no longer posting. Perhaps he has found a solution to his problems and I wish him well.
I watched the posts concerning this matter with interest as I am in a similar position.
When my dependant child turns 23 in September 2010 she will still be in full time education because she continued on from a Degree course to a post-Grad course.

My understanding is that I no longer have to pay child maintenance to the mother once the dependant child reaches 23 and this is irrespective of whether the child is still in education, unemployed or has income?

Anybody concur with this view?

23 is the final cut-off date; unless the child has special needs/disabilities that mean they will always be dependent on parents, in that case there is no end point to child maintenance.

Back