what's involved in moving from jobseekers benefit to jobseekers allowance?

P

patser

hi

Does anyone know whats involved in moving from jobseekers benefit to jobseekers allowance?

I know its means tested but do they call to your house and ask 50 questions?

thanks

Re: whats involved in moving from jobseekers benefit to jobseekers allowance?

hi

Does anyone know whats involved in moving from jobseekers benefit to jobseekers allowance?

I know its means tested but do they call to your house and ask 50 questions?

thanks

they usually call out to your home to check over your details and the household situation.

Re: whats involved in moving from jobseekers benefit to jobseekers allowance?

I think that most means assessments are now done "at the desk", based on the application form and any supporting documents requested.

I had this a couple of months ago. As Gipimann says its done at the desk. They didn't call out to me.

be aware though there may be a delay of a few weeks (I know someone who waited 10 weeks) between JB and JA so you could be without money for a while unless you contact your community welfare officer (HSE).

Have a read of the " SWA - will I qualify" leaflet which is linked at the top of this forum for information on Supplementary Welfare Allowance administered by CWOs in the HSE.

could anybody please tell me what i would need to bring with me for a means test my husband works part time is it payslips ? P. 60's bankstatements i rang social welfare today and was none the wiser after it thanks in advance for any replies

thank you for that nobody seems to want to give the right information i can get that orginised now

I wouldn't hold my breath for it to be a dealt with swiftly. I applied for the JA means test at the end of October and am stlll waiting for it to be processed. I have rang and called in to the SW office numerous times but am always told the same thing, that there is a backlog and they will get to me when they can. The CWO won't deal with me because there is some money coming into the house.

Edel

+1

I've been waiting since February 2009 for the means test.

Same story every time .. the size of the backlog. However, I've been receiving SWA for the past 3 months.

while your waiting i,ve been told to go to the relieving officer in my local health center but because i have some small saving am i wasting my time ?? thanks

It depends on the amount of savings you have. The first €5000 of savings won't be assessed.

thanks ,i,ve got 8000 in my bank but stupidly fixed it till june ,will i get any payment off the releiving officer or will she take this into account and give me nothing as i have no income till i,m means tested

Total savings of €8000 would not disallow you from SWA, and the fact that you can't access it may make a difference.

Make an application to the Community Welfare Officer who will calculate your exact entitlement.

(by the way, they haven't been called Relieving Officers since the days of the workhouse :D).

i had 12000 fixed till may and went to see the community welfare officer and she was great and your allowed 5000 and its 1 euro taken off for every 1000 euro after that you have so i was deducted 7 euro off my payment while i,m waiting to be means tested

Back