Whats a good brand for dvd/tv combi , alba, bush, toshiba??

poppy1

Hi
Im looking to buy a dvd/tv combi for a kids playroom/games room. Need a combi that i can hang on the wall so the young lad wont break all the dvds.
Also need one that a playstation will connect to (S-Video Socket does that mean you can plug in a ps)
But i also want a decent size one 22inch so the hubbie can watch the football..........

I just want to know are all brands the same nowadays? Argos have ones for under 300 (bush and alba) or over 300 (toshiba)
Just wondering which is the best to buy (as my budget is about 300)

Thanks

Re: Whats a good brand, alba, bush, toshiba??

Given a choice I'd go for the Tobisha.I have a laptop and a dvd player from them and both are good quality.

Lidl ,do a cheap combi ,for a round 100, considering VHS is almost obselete I wouldn't consider putting much money into something like this.

I'd go with Toshiba or some other reputable brand given a choice.

Alba and Bush are both the same company, factory and parts and I would avoid them.

thanks all
found a toshiba one for €335 with bracket on pixmania and it seems to tick on the boxes.

I like pansonic personally, but I reacon each to their own :)

DO NOT touch any Alba product with a 40 foot barge pole!!

Bush or Alba.....:( Toshiba or the bee's knee's..... Panasonic. :cool:

DO NOT touch any Alba product with a 40 foot barge pole!!

why ? I have a Bush flat screen TV from Bush (same as Alba) which is performing very well after 2 years and ticks all the boxes for me in terms of value for money while having all the features you could wish for.

why ? I have a Bush flat screen TV from Bush (same as Alba) which is performing very well after 2 years and ticks all the boxes for me in terms of value for money while having all the features you could wish for.

But what about 'Quality' not meaning to sound insulting, but maybe it does what it says on the tin for you... and if so grand....but others may cringe.

Put it this way...would you rather own a BMW or a Skoda:D

But what about 'Quality' not meaning to sound insulting, but maybe it does what it says on the tin for you... and if so grand....but others may cringe.

Put it this way...would you rather own a BMW or a Skoda:D

Maybe I need glasses but the picture is perfect. It wasnt intended to be a home cinema and its miles better than the CRT Sony telly I used to have previously. A Skoda isn't a bad car either :p

I wouldnt tell anyone not to touch a Skoda with a bargepole similar to the original comment I was responding to.

Back