What $$ value on AAM

Brendan is richer then Zuckerberg
He's keeping a low profile in case Michael Noonan hears about it

The mods are well paid also

They get commission and all expenses paid weekends to New York

We get paid a commission every time we log in.

And we prefer our weekends in New York. ;)

Marion

Yep, coming up to Christmas and they need some extra cash they get trigger happy :eek:

Ah maybe it's time to 'fess up. Many of the frequent posters here are subliminal advertisers. Let's just say I have a working relationship with a well-known Irish ice-cream manufacturer...;)

Wow!

I am firmly opposed to the monetizing of askaboutmoney, but is it fair to deprive Irish charities of this? :)

He intends to gift £10m to charity, including £1m which will go to Citizens Advice.

Brendan

I have just read the FT report on the sale.

"Money Saving Expert reported revenues of £15.7m in the year to October 2011 with pre-tax profits of £12.6m"

So the price looks fair enough. Based on that P/E, Askaboutmoney is still worth nothing - in financial terms.

Brendan

Brendan

You need to find a way to balance independence, integrity, a no advertising policy and commercial realities.

Martin Lewis managed to generate revenues with no advertising but with click through links.

That way if someone wanted to proceed to purchase they can do but the site is not cluttered up with in your face advertising.

I think this approach represents a fair balance for an independent consumer champion to take.

AAM has costs and at the very least these cost should be acknowledged and met.
The community is a rich resource which could be harnessed for more than just opinions.

How about a nationwide survey of attitudes to money and consumer issues in Ireland? You could update it annually and if you asked the right questions and obtained sufficient responses, the results would have some value to a wide range of financial and non financial businesses.

I seem to have read some where that New Beginning have started to charge (euro 250) for their services, did'nt read the detail of what you get for 250.

Had'nt looked at the moneysavingexpert

This jumps out
"with over 30 full time staff, servers dealing with 10 million users a month"

Back