What to do with money gifted to baby

eimsRV

Hi all,

My daughter was born 8 weeks prematurely in Jan of this year. Looking for some suggestions on a present to buy my daughter. We've received cash gifts from family that we are putting aside to open a savings account for her. However one of my uncles gave me 500euro which he said is half of the money left to him from my nana's small estate after she died last year, and that she would have wanted me to have it to buy something for baby. She would have been my Nan's first great grandchild. I really want to buy my daughter something special with the money now before it disappears on bills, etc!
She is only 11 weeks old, so any suggestions on something I can buy that she can enjoy but we can also treasure too?

Thanks,
Eims

Hi all,

My daughter was born 8 weeks prematurely in Jan of this year. Looking for some suggestions on a present to buy my daughter. We've received cash gifts from family that we are putting aside to open a savings account for her. However one of my uncles gave me 500euro which he said is half of the money left to him from my nana's small estate after she died last year, and that she would have wanted me to have it to buy something for baby. She would have been my Nan's first great grandchild. I really want to buy my daughter something special with the money now before it disappears on bills, etc!
She is only 11 weeks old, so any suggestions on something I can buy that she can enjoy but we can also treasure too?

Thanks,
Eims
First of all, congrats on the new arrival. This is a lovely thought, to buy something special. Is there anything that you associate with this lady (or indeed with the kind uncle) which would make a meaningful gift?

Back