What to buy husband boss' 50th birthday?

footsteps

invited to husband boss' 50th birthday- haven't a clue what to get him. he is so not in to anything. (Construction industry)
Would a meal voucher be okay?
Any ideas greatly appreciated

Re: What to buy a boss?

Christy Moore's CD "Don't forget your shovel if you want to go to work"

If he's working on the buildings (construction industry OMG) and coming up to 50, here's a list:

1. A bottle of Grecian 2008 (for men)

2. A subscription to a CV writing service

3. A copy of Magnus Magnusson's great book, "I've started so I'll finish"

4. A copy of my book "Things to do before you're 40", republished in 1980, 1990 and 2000 with slightly modified titles

They'd be my top 4, further suggestions on request (back of 50 euro note please.)

Picked up this suggestion here a few weeks ago... a bottle of personalised wine from [broken link removed]

I ordered one for a 40th and was delighted with both the product and the companys service.. great novelty gift.

I've ususally given a bottle of champagne in these sort of situations, and so far as I know nobody has been insulted by such a present one yet!

There is a new http://www.amazon.com/Mind-your-own-business-Supermarket/dp/B0006RNR8O (book) out which I think he might like. For his 51st, you might buy him this one: [broken link removed]

That's great, think a bottle of that personlised wine will do the trick if not the champers!!
Wasn't sure whether I should actually put some thought in to a specific gift!!

I got some wine with personalised labels for friends for a wedding from throughthegrapevine.ie (or possibly .com) - was happy with their sevice - just another suggestion :)

You could pay for a helicopter ride around Dublin or where ever!
Last time I checked it cost e185 to e225.

Immediately afterwards you could ask for a pay rise!

Surely, as a builder, he's been on one of those already, looking at all those prime development sites?

Back