What sections of form CG1 do i need to fill out relating to Foreign income from share Sale

Passport1

Hi
Filed my 2018 Tax Return Online via Form 12 other day.

The form included foreign income from share sale for shares sold in 2018. Preliminary tax for these was paid in 2018

Revenue mailed me back today to say that I should submit a form CG1 to declare this income - [broken link removed]

I not sure what sections of this Form I need to fill in regarding this Foreign income from share sale

1. Is it just Section 1(a) of Form CGT tat relates to foreign income from shares that I need to complete or what sections do I need to complete?

2. How do I calculate in section 19 - how much chargeable gain to be charged at 33% and 40%

Anyone able to help
Thanks

Got this answered after call with Revenue on Friday who told me that

Sections of CG1 form need to fill in relating to "Foreign income from Share Sale" are

• 1(a)
  • 19(a)
  • 23(all relevant subsections from sub sections a --> g)

Might be of help to others

Hi Passport1! Thanks for sharing! Can you please advise what should we indicate in section 1(a)? Is it the total price of shares sold? The number of shares sold?

Thanks!

Well the amount is clearly for a monetary amount (see the way they indicate it’s rounded to the nearest Euro).

Back