What is my retirement age?

Pinkpanter

Hi I am an HSE employee (nurse). I pay prsi rate at A1 Ithink. My contract states that my retirement age is 65. Missed the boat for earlier retirement. I received info with my AVC today it states that the retirement age is 68 from 2028. What is my retiremant age. Is it worth my while contributing to an AVC if I have to work till Im 68!!! I dont think I will be sane working till 68 in a pressured environment!!!

When did you start in the HSE?

For staff recruited before 2004 (can't remember the exact date), the mandatory retirement age is 65. Staff can retire anytime after 60.
For persons recruited after 2004, their contract of employment states that the minimum retirement age is 65.

As you pay A1 contributions, you'll receive a state pension on retirement. At the moment that starts from age 66, but it is going to increase (to 68 I think) over the coming years.

I started after 2004. But my contract states
65. Can I retire at 65. What implications
will the change by government
have to my pension age. I won't get state
pension till 68 but can I collect ps pension
at 65. I know the pension is inclusive of OAP.

p,
You can retire at 65, you should ask the question re change in state pension age directly to your HR department.
(For what it is worth I believe that if you were to retire at 65, were not working and did not receive anything from social welfare, then you could be get an an increased pension from the HSE until state pension kicked in)
Evening

Back