What insurance do I need to get for newborn baby - If Any

MfS

What insurance do i need to get for newborn baby

is it possible to get serious illness insurance ?

Congratulations.

There are two possible ways of looking at your query - are you considering insurance on the baby? Or insurance on yourself to take account of the fact that you've now got a baby?

As far as I know it's not possible to start a serious illness policy or life assurance policy on an infant. But many life assurance and serious illness policies for adults have an automatic extension to include a small amount (~€5,000) of cover for the children of the insured adult.

Make sure your VHI/Quinn Healthcare/Vivas Health Insurance company is notified to get your baby added to the policy.

Liam D. Ferguson
www.ferga.com

Hi
Just to let you know, that VHI will cover your newborn baby for free up to when your policy is due for renewal. I have plan B VHI and this is the way it worked for me. So just say your baby is born in June and your policy isnt up for remewal until Decmeber then you get your baby covered free from June to December.

Make sure your VHI/Quinn Healthcare/Vivas Health Insurance company is notified to get your baby added to the policy.

Also make sure to add your baby to your health insurance policy within 13 weeks so that the baby has no waiting periods and is covered straight away.

Back