What can i do about tv cable/wiring?

eskei

[FONT=&quot]Hi all,[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I moved into my new apartment a few months ago and slowly settling in. Snag and other issues have been eventually dealt with but there is still one outstanding problem the builder has yet to rectify, the [/FONT][FONT=&quot]NTL[/FONT][FONT=&quot] connection. The apartment is supposed to be pre-wired for [/FONT][FONT=&quot]NTL[/FONT][FONT=&quot]. The connection in the master bedroom works fine, but the connection in the living room doesn’t work. I’ve had [/FONT][FONT=&quot]NTL[/FONT][FONT=&quot] come out twice to test it and try to fix it but they said that it’s a wiring issue and the builder has to fix it.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]So I contacted the foreman and he’s aware of the issue but keeps saying that he can’t get into contact with the electrician that wired the apartment. And i did ring the builders company a few times, nobody got back to me. It’s been over 2 months now and I’m growing restless and becoming increasingly frustrated with the foreman as he keeps making excuses and doesn’t seem to care about fixing it. It’s very annoying as I can’t watch tv in the living room when come home after a long day work, especially when I have friends over![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]what can I do other than send them a solicitor’s letter? Is there a department or body I can report them to without having to spend money on a solicitor’s letter or getting electrician myself?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Any feedback or advice would be greatly appreciated.[/FONT]

Do your neighbours have a similar problem I wonder? Is a residents committee/management company operating yet in your development - if so you should contact them and see if they have already had complaints. They may be willing to take this up on your behalf. If there isn't, I would suggest putting up a notice on all the noticeboards asking neighbours to contact you if they have a problem with NTL. A well orchestrated series of complaints from a large group of people who persistently and regularly contact the foreman and builder should have some effect - if you make enough of a nuisance of yourselves, they may eventually see that it's easier all round for them to address the issue. Good luck!

Back