What bank in Ireland gives best service for individuals?

J

jerusha

I need a bank that will provide a reliable, accurate service --particularly in making monthly transfers to my two sons who are in the States this year.

Do any of you have knowledge of which Irish bank gives best service and conditions? I am seriously thinking of switching from Bank of Ireland which has made at least five blunders in the best two weeks. (When I objected to one, was told: "But is was only a mistake with numbers!")

just open an account with a few banks, say AIB, BOI, PTSB, Ulster
try them all out, and pick your favourite

(leave the other accounts open, because your favourite will later degrade and you need to move on to the next)

THe disadvantage is the stamp duty on each ATM card, but its a small price to pay for not having all your eggs in one basket

The disadvantage is the stamp duty on each ATM card, but its a small price to pay for not having all your eggs in one basket

Hi Jerusha,

Welcome to AAM.

Would be inclined to disagree with vector insofar as [broken link removed]x 4 banks is a high price to pay in these days of free banking. Would the International Payments option with [broken link removed]be worth a try?

was just discussing this with a friend (offline) and he said he has an aib current account wihout an ATM card, didn't get details, someone might look into that (if they want to save the stamp duty)

Back