Wet rooms - opinions

Ceist Beag

Has anyone set up a bathroom as a wet room? I think thats the correct term for it - its where a shower is installed in a corner of the bathroom with no shower rail or screens, essentially an open shower with the drainage in the floor. Was thinking of doing something like this with our bathroom as we would like to add a shower but it would be a bit tight to add in the standard showers.

...yeah but to use a pun...how does one keep their powder dry? or to be specific...how do they keep the bog roll dry if water is splashing all over the place........ now there's one for ya!

ninsaga

I thought the trend now was for those "Love your bum" moisturised wipes, anyway? :)

More seriously — I've seen that done very nicely in hot, dry climates like Spain, but I wonder how suitable it would be for an Irish home? You'd be locking in a lot of moisture. I could see it becoming uncomfortably clammy...

yes I go to Finland quire often and they are plenty over there , I think they are great myself

Ceist Beag said:
Has anyone set up a bathroom as a wet room? I think thats the correct term for it - its where a shower is installed in a corner of the bathroom with no shower rail or screens, essentially an open shower with the drainage in the floor. Was thinking of doing something like this with our bathroom as we would like to add a shower but it would be a bit tight to add in the standard showers.

I know a few people who have installed them in Ireland, partly to be more convenient
for an older person of limited mobility.
I would assume that the requirement for proper ventilation is the same as any other
shower room.

In a limited space, the bog roll and toilet seat being wet, is annoying.

Back