Weekly Spend on Shopping

P

purple

I was talking to a friend of mine today and in a general conversation about how he is broke all the time he said that he/his wife spends an average of €230 a week in the Supermarket for them and their one child.
Ms Purple and I spend an average of about €180 on us the our three purplets. When money was tighter we spent about €110 and didn't feel hungry (or smell) very often.
I can feed the family their Sunday dinner for a tenner, so how can someone who says they have no money eat, wipe on/off or clean their way through €230 a week?
I asked my friend and he got a bit shirty about it so I was wondering what other AAM heads live on.

Me, Mrs legend and Legend Jnr...I'd reckon in or around the 120. Which would fit in with your criteria of the 180 for 5

Re: ..

I reckon 150 would probably cover the 4 of us ... less than previously now that it doesn't include nappies. Depends where you shop ... if I go to Supervalu I could get away with change from 100 ... when I go to Tesco it's nearer to 200 ... must be the bright lights dazzeling me. Add 30 or 40 for meat etc. and that's my bill.

€100 for Mr Mo, myself & little Mo

Consisting; €15 meat in butchers or whatevers on special
€10 weekly rations of veg from grocers
€10 bread, milk, eggs, butter & spuds
€65 goes into the pot for the monthly sprint to Newry for dried goods, cosmetics and the local market for cleaning goods

We definitely never go hungry!

Mr and Mrs S spend about 110 euro a week on supermarket shopping. We have two expensive cats as well and I like the odd buideal of wine!!

€140 - €150 per week between Dunnes/Aldi/butcher for my wife myself and 2 offspring, both of whom are in nappies at present.

About €110 - €120 per week for myself, Delboy and Rodney - the friend with the same size family must be buying a lot of booze in the supermarket or maybe he shops in M & S?

generally in the region of €80 for Myself and Mrs Cushtie, this includes stuff for our lunches during the week. this is generally done in Tesco.

every couple of months we will go to lidl and buy stuff like detergents / washing powders / bleaches etc etc.

About €160-€180 for five of us(4 adults +1 hungry teenager).
Red

spend

I spend about €70 a week for 2 adults and 1 3 year old and buy most of my meat in bulk from a factory every couple of months. Also bring my lunch to work. I usually do my weekly shopping in a few small trips while getting milk/bread etc. cos if I went in trying to get everything I'd think I needed I'd end up spending €150-200

Re: spend

for the two of us, we have it down to about €80 shopping in tesco with the odd run to lidi.
Usually bring lunch into work with us!

In our house it depends who does the shopping...I would spend €120 while Mr. Kiddo would only spend €80...the difference being that I have to restock washing powder,cleaning stuff, shampoo etc when its my turn to shop. So an average of €100 for two of us which would include lunchs and ususally a bottle or two of wine.

I come in at between €30 to €50 for myself depending on how much cleaning stuff/toileteries on are on the list.

Rebecca

For me, Mrs fm and young Master fm the weekly shop is €120 to €150. The young Master is currently in nappies which does add to the bill.

Mrs fm does the shopping in Superquinn or Tesco's. Superquinn is usually €20 to €30 dearer but the quality is much better for fresh fruits / veg and meat. She does admit though that she makes more impulsive purchases in SQ than Tesco's eg that extra loaf of fresh bread that's just out of the oven or the donuts that look so good.

We also like the odd bottle of claret of a Friday or Saturday but I always buy my wine in bulk - 3 or 4 mixed cases at a time and get a good discount.

efm

Usually works out anywhere between 80 and 100 for me + partner for the week. I tried to stick to budget of 30 per person week before last but it didn't work. Meat + toiletries are the biggest expense, or anything ready made. Mostly buy in Dunnes/Aldi/Lidl as I find I always get tempted more when I go to Tesco.

I will really have to cut down as I reckon I spend about €120 per week just for myself.

I will really have to stop going to Marks & Spencer and spending about a tenner a go on something for tea.

About €60 a week fo myself on food and toiletries and stuff like that.
After that about €100 on booze!!

Back