wedding venue good value?

S

sarahhurray

About €4000 for 60 guests in the Shelbourne?

what do you think?

I've seen the posting on alternative venues and checked out a few, I liked Brasserie Na Mara but they have a minimum of 70 guests.

€66 per person sounds very reasonable for the Shelbourne, but be very carefull about the hidden extras. Most hotels will quote a rate per person that includes flowers, toast, sherry reception etc.. You have to find out exactly what they are offering for the €66. Most hotels at this level charge an arm and a leg for the extras. It is really worth while shopping around and being flexible on your dates is a big advantage and you can get substantial discounts for mid week events. I don't know if this is an option you have considered, but getting married outside of Dublin is much cheaper. There are some wonderful hotels within 90 mins of Dublin that you should consider.

I remember checking out the Shelbourne and got caught in the in between zone. It was good for < 80 and > 180 so it didn't suit us. So if your numbers stay at 66 this could be a good fit. Certainly they are professional.

you so right about the extras, we went to see them and the bits and pieces would probably double what we thought the original cost was.
I've asked on the wedding websites for suggestions but they aren't that busy and I've checked a lot of suggestions. If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

wedding

Yep, recently went through it all and ended up getting it done in spain, €59 per head with all the extras incl i.e. unlimited wine+welcome coctail+5 course meal with a 1/2 lobster starter & champagne toast for all!!!! - good 4 person band €500 - excellent photohrapher who stayed for 5 hrs with 113 prints €800. The weather at 30 degrees in Sept was for free of course !! Forgot to add ryanair fare €66 rtn tax incl.

Re: wedding

We are having our wedding in the Mont Clare hotel on Merrion Square. Their minimum numbers are 50. So far they are really good to deal with and the prices are reasonable too.

Back