Wedding Band suggestions

Robbie_C

Hello Everybody,

I am interested to get peoples opinions on Wedding Bands and see if they have heard of any of the following and what they thought of them.

1) Bentley Boys
2) Sax in the City (New enough band so aint heard alot about them so far)
3) Beat Club

Also if anybody knows of any other good band in the south Dublin/Wicklow area please go ahead and suggest them but we are looking for a live band so no bands who use a load of backing tracks

Thanks Rob.

Try Goodfellas... they don't use any backing tracks. They played at my cousin's wedding last year and were top class... I have also booked them for my own wedding which is coming up soon enough. Beyond that, I have no other connection with them

here's their website, which has some sample videos of them rehearsing or something

[broken link removed]

Hi Robbie_C,
mrs2be.ie and weddingsonline.ie are great sites for all things wedding related, you might get some experiences there.

Wedding Band Dublin

Hi,
My friend had these at her Wedding last month in the City North Hotel they were absolutely fabulous. We are planning in getting married next year and are going to see them playing live next week in the Cuckoos Nest,Dublin on July 10th.

Mystique Wedding Band Band ask for Steve 0851556601

We have booked the Bently Boys for our wedding which takes place in the next few weeks. Have no association with them but I saw them play a showcase earlier this year and I liked them. So.......fingers crossed!

I'll post again after the wedding (or PM) me if you wish.

CMCR.

CMCR,
Did the bentley boys play at your wedding then. . .and how were they on the night?
We have heard bad reviews and I wouldnt mind but i booked them for ours!
Getrichbride

Hi Getrichbride,

Yes, the Bentley Boys played at our wedding at the end of July and we also hired the group for our drinks reception. They played for about 2 hours during the drinks reception and I think for about 2.5 hours during the main reception. We also hired them for the DJ part of the night and they played for as long as our guests were dancing!

Our wedding was black-tie and the group turned up in black suits. They left the set-list for us to choose, and we were in touch with them a few times before our wedding day.

They were all very good musicians and kept an eye on the crowd to make sure the music they played included everyone, including some of our older guests.

Overall, I would say that the Bentley Boys were professional to deal with and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone. (I have no connection whatever with this group, other than they played at our weddin and we were very happy with them).

CMCR.

I have been at a few weddings that Beat Club played at and I think they are excellent. Their set list is strong and they are all really good musicians.

Hi CMCR

How much did the Bentley Boys charge for your full day?

I couldn't speak highly enough of Pink Champagne, we had them at our wedding, no one sat down from the moment they came on till they finished 2.5hrs later! They were amazing!

Try Goodfellas... they don't use any backing tracks. They played at my cousin's wedding last year and were top class... I have also booked them for my own wedding which is coming up soon enough. Beyond that, I have no other connection with them

here's their website, which has some sample videos of them rehearsing or something

[B]http://www.goodfellasband.ie/[/B]

I would also recommend the Good Fellas Band who also played at my cousins wedding. You will also find info on other wedding bands on Weddingsonline.ie & Weddingszone.ie

The Bentley Boys.........any suggestions on these? Are they worth the money?

Back