Wedding Afters Present....

W

WPrice

Hi,

Just got invite for a wedding afters in 2 weeks time. Old school mate, not best mate, see once in a blue moon. What is now the norm to give for a wedding afters pressie? Going on ones own or bringing a partner.

Thanks.

I don't think there is a norm or such, I'd imagine going on your own €50 would be plenty to spend or €75 for a couple. I think people are genuinely happy to see you make the effort to turn up, they're not worried about what you spend on them.

I dont think i'd give anything for an afters invite TBH.

Well you can't go with your hand's dragging! I'd go with Shaking's suggestion - €50 or €75 for a couple. I had this discussion with friend's of mine before and this seemed to be the norm!

I think €50 is plenty - you've missed the meal etc, so I think a token gift would be sufficient. Depends how well you know/like them perhaps, but then if you were very good friends you'd be at the wedding!

We got some presents (per couple) of €100 and under that came to our full wedding last year.

I agree €50 in a card is considered an acceptable present from those I've asked before about wedding afters....

Back