We won't be able to get the 20% deposit together

There is some amount of self righteous rubbish coming from people not directly affected by these proposals.

We had budgeted for the wedding and budgeted for the deposit. And could afford both from our savings. Now the goalposts have moved. The wedding is already fairly simple by Irish standards.

What is simple in money terms by Irish standards for a wedding?

Could you postpone the wedding, buy the house, and then have the wedding.

It might actually be an idea to do that and borrow for the wedding, which I wouldn't normally suggest, but depending on your figures it might make sense.

Simple in money terms? 10K would be an achievement. And there'll be no fancy wedding gowns or cars or anything like that.

If we postponed now we would forfeit several large deposits. And I would prefer not to.

Simple in money terms? 10K would be an achievement.

Would I be right in saying that you will probably get at least half this cost back in 'bulky wedding cards'??

If you buy a house for 200000, you owuld be looking at 40,000 euro deposit.

Not budgeting for that, and don't expect it at all.

Anyway, everything appears to have changed utterly in the last 24 hours and we might have a better solution, heres hoping.

Not budgeting for that, and don't expect it at all.

Anyway, everything appears to have changed utterly in the last 24 hours and we might have a better solution, heres hoping.

You sound like a very sensible young lady, I have no doubt thing will work out for you. Good luck on the preparation of your big day and in the meantime just carry on saving.

Back