Water Leak in Central Heating

Just to follow up - it looks like Oxypic did the trick here - great stuff!

Folks
This looks really similar to a problem I have at the moment. I'm topping up the water almost every day and last night the pressure dropped below 0.5bar. In a nutshell, i have a gas boiler, Baxi Solo 80 burner. House is ca. 9 years old. Burner regularly serviced so no issues there.
The pressure drops every day on the gauge. No signs anywhere in the house of leaks, so the water must be going somewhere ! How can I tell if the coil is leaking ? Surely I shouldn't have to replace a hot tank so soon ?
Cheers
C

Do you have a motorised valve fitted on Cylinder? have you a balancing valve fitted?

If not, drain down system, fit valves on the flow and return of cylinder and then turn off both, it pressure remains constant after this it is a leak on the coil. It could very easliy be under your floor.

Have you checked the pressure relief valve at boiler?

Drain your central system and remove the lower connection to your hot water cylinder coil. If there is a leak in the coil you will see water dripping at this point on the cylinder.
There may be some water in the coil immediately when you disconnect the connection. This will stop dripping after a short period. Any constant dripping will indicate a faulty coil.

Back