Washing Machine...door won't open

amtc

Am up in middle of night waiting for washing machine to finish. put it on last night. about half full. worked fine Thursday. now the door won't open. I have put it on twice now with same results. is it worthwhile calling someone out or will I just get a new one. It's between 6 and 12 years old (I got either it or dishwasher replaced but can't recall which) and has stopped drying recently too. that does not bother me too much. it's a Hotpoint

Sometimes happens if water not draining out due to clogged filter. Filter usually at bottom, under door. Unscrew it, clean filter.

Be ready for up to a few litres of water flowing out of filter when you open it. So will need to collect in a pot or something.

Refit filter and try a spin and might be ok.

Switch machine to OFF, unplug from mains. There is usually a small drain hose near the filter housing. This is to drain water from the system in a controlled fashion into a suitable container before checking the filter.

You could try turning off the machine, turning off the power. Then five minutes later put it on, set it to drain and see if that works. The point of turning it off fully is so you might confuse the computer and put it back to zero if you see what I mean. The fact it's also a drying means it's even more complicated.

Also people overload their machines, towels are the worst as they are heavy. Go back on your receipts and see how old it is.

The cheap man came...who turned out to be not so cheap. 85 euro to replace handle which had cracked

The cheap man came...who turned out to be not so cheap. 85 euro to replace handle which had cracked

That's actually pretty good if that included parts and labour. Spare parts aren't cheap as there's so little demand for them now, people just replace the machine when something goes wrong.

Turned out he'd installed the original machine when place being built...in 2004...so knew to get graphite one....I only got his name off my mam
Also fixed kitchen tap and tidied up my curtain rail. bit of a gem actually!

Cheap and a gem, he's gettin' more interesting by the minute .................................... good lookin' too ? :D

You should ask him to stay tonight, don't know what might go bang in the middle of the night.

Back