Was I taxed too much?

Cream Bun

Hi All
This is a straightforward question, I just want to know was i taxed more than i should have been in Januarys wages. My monthly gross pay was 3074.66. I paid-
PAYE: 512.36
PRSI: 122.99
USC: 143.94
so total deductions were 779.29 and take home pay was 2295.37.
This seems like a lot? I was out of ireland up until last August and started work in October so wasnt paying too much tax last year, i knew i would be paying more now as my tax credits are prob used up but this seems like alot? And i have tried using tax calculators online and according to them i should be getting around 2600 take home pay?
I am single and 32.

Thanks in advance for any opinions.

The tax looks high. Check you have the Paye tax credit. With single and Paye tax credit you should have 3300 annual tax credit.

Hi vandriver and Gervan, thanks for your replies. So it does seem high? I just looked at my pay slip and my tax credit just says 154.17. Is this correct? I'm private sector and have no medical card. What should I do? thanks

Ring up revenue and make sure you have the personal tax credit,and the PAYE tax credit.If you ring early,you can normally get through quite quickly.

Ok so just ask them do I have the personal tax credit? As opposed to what? Sorry I don't have a clue about tax so want to know what I'm asking them!
Ring up revenue and make sure you have the personal tax credit,and the PAYE tax credit.If you ring early,you can normally get through quite quickly.
so

Further to this sort of query, does anyone know where ou should put dividend income from UK investments? I put this into my income page recently on the PAYE online site and the resulting pay cheque was savaged, the dividends hugely reduced my tax credits. Any thoughts?

Back