Waiting For payment on claim for NINE months!

Jack The Lad

I made a small-ish claim for water damage to my house last October. Despite constant reassurances from both the insurance company and from the loss adjuster that a cheque is in the post I have still not received anything from them.

I am exasperated would appreciate some advice on what my next step should be - Solicitor? Is there a regulatory body I can make a complaint to?

Hi. it would be useful to know who the insurer is because I am about to renew my house insurance and looking to move from Allianz because it is too expensive this year. I have several quotes got and am getting worried that if I did have to make a claim it would take for ever to settle.

I have no problem naming them, but I'd better check with the good Moderators of AAM... so, can I name the insurer?

Hi, I hope it's not who I think it might be as that's where I got the cheapest quote and was thinking of moving to them this year? but I have a horrible feeling.....

Re: Waiting For payment on FBD claim for NINE months!

I e-mailed them a week ago requesting payment within seven days. No reply. I am now going to request they send information on their complaints procedure within five days. If I don't receive a reply I will hand it over to the ombudsman.
This is unbelievable. It's a basic, simple, black and white case, and I have been told by phone a number of times that payment would be made.

Back