Health Insurance VHI Smartplan, OnePlan V Firstcare, Enhanced

TurningGreen

Hi All,

Starting my quest for Health Insurance renewal for Jan 1st. I am with VHI for years. I am on PMI 35 13 and I will probably stick with it. I received an email stating that my SmartPlan 250 for my son (21) was getting replaced with Firstcare 250 Day to Day and my One Plan 150 for my daughter (13) was getting replaced with Enhanced Care 150. The Smart Plan cost €323 Nett last year and the Firstcare plan will now cost €448 Nett. The One Plan cost €205 Nett last year and the Enhanced Plan will now cost €224.

Now both the new plans do seem to deliver more day to day benefits but does anybody know of any major loss of cover compared to my old plans if I moved to these new offerings or are there better option(s)?

I have noticed that in the additional information on the benefits sheet for Firstcare Plan it now says "Partial Cover" for UPMC Whitfield which would be our local private hospital which I need to ring about to clarify.

Thanks in advance

In light of lack of replies here your best bet might be to compare the cover on the different plans over on www.hia.ie

Also ring VHI (probably the earlier the better in the morning because of people working from home because of Covid) and get them to go through the differences in cover on the plans. Take careful notes.

Back