Using ros

Society

im about to file a return for rental income and am just waiting for my password from revenue. I have the relevant figures to hand. Is it easy to use ros and how long roughly will it take to prepare. Is the deadline 10th Nov - 5pm?
Thanks

I understand that the deadline is midnight on Thursday.

When you say that you have the figures to hand, do you mean just the rental account figures or everything you will need to complete form 11.

I suggest that you download a paper form 11 and complete it, once you have torn the house apart to find your wife's pps number or whatever other detail that just doesn't want to come to light, actually completing the form 11 on ROS should take less than an hour.

Gosh it looks very complicated, do I have to reply to all those questions or just the rental income part? Would I be better off contacting paylesstax.ie and getting them to do it for me?

Did mine last night. Here's what to watch for (if you just have rental and PAYE income) when completing for final 2015 and preliminary 2016

Have your P60 to hand.
1 Complete the Rental Income section. I had my income/expenses/cap allows worked out on paper beforehand.
2 Complete the PAYE/Employment section (or else they will calculate the tax on your rental income as if it was your only income for the year).
3 Update your Tax Credits section if there's anything you want to claim i.e. Health Insurance paid by employer for example
4 Go to the Calculate page and it's easy from there on. Thats 2015 done.
5 It eventually leads you to the amount you wish to declare for 2016 taxable profit. You just need to input a total here. The detail will be input next year.

I had problems at #2. It kept telling me there was errors on the page. It was to do with the box near the top of the page about PAYE employment...add in employer #, payment frequency and then click 'add' on the box underneath.
Only reply to the questions relevant to you.

Back